Sunday, April 8, 2012

POEMS





I

Far away my father thinking of me
Sometimes sad-lonely seats; and writes
Of me; sketches my picture
As I am an enlightened being, his dreams!
Would I discover in them
My petty existence? Palpable
May I, but dreams beheld
Certainly be high, to walk towards is my cherished aim!
I know father thy bliss is with
And from above heaven’s grace
Then what needs beneath
Than, my humble efforts.
(Sept 4, 1995)






II
Years and days elapse
Putting in heart
Posy of memories smiling with flowers
But latent thorns in girt in
Saying, for thy deeds;
But I have no time to smell
The incense and the smarts
I have my way after pulsated time
To search whose angels were they?
Peeping in our mind what has stolen they?
Is our shadow, to present before the Lord?
O heart elapsed time,
Are thou really Lord’s angel
Then tell my Lord my humble words
Words not justifying me or my deeds
Put before him as I am
Put all the ills I have done
But forget not to present His Name
That I spoke unwittingly with my fathers’ praying
That, that spark ignited by gloomy life.
(Sept 15, 1994 Later revised)

No comments:

Post a Comment